Business Excellence Award
Every business has a unique story and adds another page in the history of our regions success. Each year the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes one Salem area business that has demonstrated a continued passion for excellence and advancement of business leadership. The recipient is a business that makes a positive impact on our community and strives for making a better tomorrow for Salem. See past Business of the Year recipients.
Nominations for the 2016 Business Excellence Award closed August 15, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
The award was announced on November 2, 2016 live from our Facebook page.
Nominate a business
Please use our online nomination form to submit nominations reflecting business achievements in the 2015-16 calendar year. Please include a short statement (500 words or less) of why you are nominating this business. We ask that you identify specific, recent achievements, as evidenced by at least two or more of the following considerations listed below. Achievements in more categories will result in stronger consideration.
- Expansion or business renovation
- Achieving excellence in business (business practices, e.g., marketing and promotion of business ethics; promotion of employee growth and development; contribution to its industry; and research and development)
- Productivity and quality improvements
- Entrepreneurship and business leadership
- Business innovation (creativity and imagination in business operations, products, and services)
- Customer relation practices (high level of customer confidence and excellence in customer services and relations)
- Marketing and promotional achievements
- Increased area employment: a benchmark to judge the impact of a business on a job market
- Evidence of contributions by the nominee to aid in community oriented projects (use of personal or employee time and/or contribution of other resources)
- Nominations are reviewed and given consideration of the award for three years; they are reviewed each calendar year.
- The initial round of applicants are reviewed by a nomination committee made up of industry leaders representing a variety of service industries. The top three nominees will be identified by the nomination committee and provided to the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. The recipient for the annual award is selected by the volunteer Board of Directors.
- Must be a member in good standing with the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce and in operation for at least 3 years.
- Businesses that have an employee serving on the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors will not be eligible for consideration.