Flash Alert from City of Salem
A group of doctors and nurse practitioners have formed the Alluvium Mobile Health Team to make medical visits to residents sheltering at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Upon referral from emergency medical services and in partnership with the Salem Fire Department, and Falck Ambulance, the Alluvium Mobile Health Team will reach out to and connect with patients where they live who have possible COVID-19 symptoms like fever, cough, or shortness of breath, but who do not require emergency room care.
By providing visits to residents sheltering in their homes, the Alluvium team will help minimize the burden on the community’s emergency medical services and hospital emergency room resources.
On a first-come, first-served basis, Alluvium will provide targeted assessment, immediate treatment recommendations, and review of warning symptoms which may require further care. Alluvium clinicians will also provide follow-up care for houseless patients who are recently discharged from the hospital due to COVID-19 illness. This work with ARCHES is the first of Alluvium’s Community Partners program.
Many community partners have already offered to donate services and needed items, like the mobile health unit vehicle, donated by Falck Ambulance, and personal protective equipment. The Alluvium Mobile Health Team has received $35,000 in start-up funding from the ARCHES Project, United Way, and the Salem Health Foundation.
We are grateful to the following community partners and volunteers:
Alluvium Mobile Health Team Board Members:
- Dani Dupuis, NP, Presidenta
Nurse Practitioner and Co-Owner of Phoenix Rising Family Medicine
- K Jones, Vice President
Administrator and Co-Owner of Happy Doc Family Medicine
- Dr. Lara Knudsen, Secretary
Physician and Co-Owner of Happy Doc Family Medicine
- Christopher Ray, Treasurer
Relationship Manager, Willamette Community Bank
- Dr. Ron Palm, Board Member
Physician and Owner of All Star Health Direct Primary Care
- Joel Dupuis, Board Member
R.N. at Salem Health Cardiac ICU and Co-Owner/Administrator of Phoenix Rising Family Medicine
- Gabriel Benmoussa
Deputy Chief, Training and Emergency Medical Services, Salem Fire Department
- Falck USA: ambulance donation
- Attorneys of Garrett Hemann Robertson, P.C.
- Attorneys of Fetherston Edmonds, L.L.P.
- Salem Health Foundation: $18,000 donation
- ARCHES Project: $7,000 donation
- United Way of the Mid-Willamette Valley: $10,000 donation, cell phone and cell service, and access to additional vans, if needed
- Pacific Source (Marion and Polk County Coordinated Care Organization)
- Beyond Lucid Technologies
- Zoll Medical
- Ernesto Serros, one3rdbird Graphic Design
- Chris Apgar, Apgar and Associates
- Divine Distillers
- Vida Family Medicine
- Katrina Rothenberger, Public Health Division Director, Marion County Public Health
- Monica Pacheco, Attorney at Law
- Keshia Bigler, Oregon Community Paramedicine/Mobile Integrated Health Coalition
- Josie Silverman-Mendez, Pacific Source (Marion and Polk County Coordinated Care Organization)