Individuals who exhibit the highest degree of professionalism and embrace an attitude that is positive, supportive and respectful to all people.
Program Mission: To support and represent the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce, to promote member commitment, and increase member retention.
• Increased name and face recognition for individual/business
• Increased networking opportunities
o Connecting one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members
o Gain referral opportunities through other Ambassadors
o Opportunity to meet local business and community leaders
• Recognition in “Ambassador Spotlights”
• Ambassador name and business name on Ambassador home page
• Opportunity to help the community/show community pride
• Be a member in good standing for a minimum of one years
• Share a passion for the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce
• Exhibit leadership qualities
• Commit to two months of service
• Improve retention through efforts to mentor new members in their first year of membership.
• Be an extension of the Chamber Staff at events making sure that guests and new members feel welcome.
• Facilitate positive and constructive communication between the Chamber Staff and members in an effort to continuously improve member services.
The ambassador Mentoring Program pairs new Chamber members with Ambassadors. The goal of mentoring is to encourage meaningful and beneficial participation on the part of the new member in the Chamber’s program and events. New members that benefit from a positive experience with the Chamber are more likely to participate in the community and continue their membership in the future.
Benefits to the Ambassador
The Ambassador Mentoring Program gives both the Ambassador and the new member an opportunity to build lasting business relationships.
• Create a SmartSheet Login, Familiarize yourself with the Ambassador folder
• Choose members to reach out to
o New members are posted quarterly on SmartSheet
o Please choose between 5-10 members to mentor
o This is on “first come, first serve” basis.
• Introduce yourself and your position
• Invite new members to an upcoming event
• Confirm that they have, or will attend a “Meet the Chamber”
• Get to know the member if they have some time
• Ask if they have any questions and see how the Chamber can assist
Event and Program Requirements
As an active Ambassador you are committing to be present at Greeters, Forum Lunches, Meet the Chamber Lunches, After Hours, Annual Events that fall during your active months, as well as Ribbon Cuttings.
A morning networking event occurring every Friday between 8:30-10:00 am. This event allows members the opportunity to learn more about the week’s host, network with 80-100 business professionals, and be viewed as a leader within the Salem Chamber.
• Arrive by 8 AM and assist with the Greeters Welcome Team
o Assistance could be welcoming guests into the venue, answering questions about the Salem Chamber, or being paired up with a new guest.
Being Paired up:
• New Guest Forms: Please ensure that each new guest has filled out a new guest form and given it back to the Greeters team.
• Introductions: You are expected to announce guests’ attendance; however, please do not share their name, business, or tag line. This is for the guest to do. As an Ambassador we ask that you stand and announce “Today, we have a new guest with us. I am excited for him/her to introduce themselves to you.”
• Networking: Try and help guests make connections! If there are specific industries that would complement the guests’ business try and help them make that connection.
A 10 month speaker series allowing members of the Salem Chamber as well as non-members the opportunity to gather together to learn about specific topics. Topics will inspire, expand, and challenge guests to continue the conversation following the event.
• Arrive no later than 11 AM to assist with setup of promotional materials
• Check In: Assist with directing members and non-members to registration table. ALL members must check in, regardless of passes.
• Counting Attendees: Ambassadors will use the clicker to count guests, speakers, and Chamber staff.
• Microphones: Assist with questions during the Q & A portion of Forum
• Clean Up: Once the event is over, please assist in picking up all promotional materials and returning them to the host.
After Hours is a quarterly networking event designed to help members network in a relaxed atmosphere at the end of a work day. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to event start. Services will include, greeting new members and guests, and answering any questions.
Meet The Chamber
A quarterly luncheon designed to help new members meet Chamber staff, learn about new programs, and network with other new members. Please arrive ten minutes prior to the start to help welcome new members.
The Salem Chamber hosts 3 large annual events each year. Agri-Business Banquet in January, Frist Citizen in March, and our McLaren Classic in September. A month prior to each event, a workgroup chair will contact Ambassadors with assignments.