Now that the 2016 Legislative Session and Oregon’s Primary Election have come to pass, it is time to turn our attention to a very concerning initiative proposed for the November statewide ballot. Initiative Petition 28 (IP28) is a proposed new $6 Billion tax increase on Oregon sales.
As you may know, a broad statewide coalition of small and large businesses, consumers and organizations across Oregon – including the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce – have come together to oppose this costly and damaging initiative.
Here are 4 things you can do to help defeat IP28.
- If you haven’t already joined the Coalition to Defeat the Tax on Oregon Sales, please take steps to do so. You can join online as an organization, business or individual member.
- If you have joined, please contact us to find out how you can help build awareness about the harmful impacts IP28 would have on Oregon small businesses, consumers and families. (You can get started right away by sharing this post with your friends, colleagues and other contacts).
- Share information about the effort to defeat IP28 with your employees, vendors and other contacts:
- Download a printable and shareable version of the Coalition fact sheet.
- View a public listing of many key organization members who have joined the coalition.
- Read through a frequently updated selection of editorials about the potential negative impacts of IP28.
- Make a contribution to help Defeat the Tax on Oregon Sales and encourage others to do so, too. Your contribution of any amount – large or small – will show the broad opposition to IP28 and help us reach Oregon voters with information about its harmful impacts.
Please forward this post and check out the website often as new campaign materials and other information will be added in the coming weeks as the campaign progresses. If you would like draft email text encouraging your business contacts or employees to learn more about this harmful proposal, please reach out directly to the coalition.