On December 7, Chamber members received an update from City of Salem staff and representatives on the 2022 Safety and Livability Bond.
Our group was eager to hear updates on specific projects, including timelines, budgets, and schedules; and about the city’s Revenue Task Force, which is being assembled with community volunteers to help with the City of Salem budget.
Thank you to Business Advocacy Committee Co-Chair Connor Reiten (Vice President of Government Affairs at PNGC Power) for moderating the discussion, and to our guest speakers from the City of Salem for sharing their time and expertise:
- Salem City Councilor Micki Varney (Ward 8)
- Keith Stahley, Salem City Manager
- Brian Martin, Public Works Director
- Allen Dannen, City Engineer
- Shawna Self, Purchasing Administrator
- Josh Eggleston, Chief Financial Officer
A huge thanks also goes to everyone who joined us in person and online.