Ready To Learn Ready To Work
Ready to Learn Ready to Work is a partnership with Salem and Keizer Chambers of Commerce, the Salem-Keizer School District, and E3: Employers for Education Excellence.
Preparing students grades K-12 for success is the heart of Ready to Learn – Ready to Work.
Through the partnership, students are reaping the benefits of career and college readiness opportunities. Local employers are “sharing” advice and perspective through classroom presentations, hands on workshops, volunteers are mentoring students, business and industry representatives are providing mock interviews, students are experiencing work site tours and college visits, and students are connecting to the community that surrounds and supports them through community service projects.
Program Highlights Include:
- Guests speaking in the classroom on a wide variety of topics exposes students to fields of work, goal setting and communication in the workplace, soft skills, employment trends and more.
- Job Shadows provide students the opportunity to observe daily routines in a work field of interest.
- Workplace Tours expose groups of students to an organization and potential career paths, and provide them the opportunity to see a facility first-hand and ask questions about careers, training, skills, and tasks that are performed within an industry.
- One-on-One Mentoring is an opportunity to provide support and encouragement to a student. Mentoring may be academic, career, or guidance based..
- Mock Interviews enable students to hone their question and answer skills and receive immediate feedback to improve these skills and build confidence as they prepare to interview in the real world.
We learn how to be leaders, how to manage our time, and how to get stuff done. It also gives us a view of the working world and what we will need to do if we get a job and plan to keep it.