The primary goal of the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce in using the Facebook social media platform is to engage with business members, promote Chamber events and generate interest in a topic or issue facing the community.
Those who “like” the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce Facebook page or otherwise connect and share information from Facebook, do not represent the views or opinions of the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce. The comments expressed on the Salem Chamber’s social media sites do not reflect the opinions or position of its staff or membership. The Salem Area Chamber takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for comments made by third parties on the social media sites.
- Content is chosen at the discretion of the Chamber for all social media outlets. Chamber of Commerce authorized personnel will choose the content for social media outlets based upon local events, news and attractions and is a collaborative and targeted message. The Chamber is not responsible for inaccurate information submitted by members.
- Only authorized personnel will utilize social media on behalf of the Chamber.
- No political, religious, or confrontational messages are allowed. The message sent is unbiased with the purpose of promoting Salem, the community and Chamber members.
- Inappropriate language, photos, or content will not be tolerated. It is understood that the content may contain abbreviations and or combinations of words and characters to convey a message. However, all communication will be conveyed in a professional manner always.
- Facebook is monitored for comments from Fans that are disrespectful, inappropriate, or damaging to the community, business members, or staff.
- Inappropriate comments or photos will be removed as soon as discovered.
Comments should not contain information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, invade privacy, or pertain to an on-going investigation. This site may not always have the most up-to-date information on breaking news. Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations will not be provided via our social media sites.
By commenting, you agree not to misrepresent your identity or affiliation. The Salem Area Chamber of Commerce will take immediate action through deleting or blocking posts or comments if they contain any of the following:
- Offensive or violent language
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- Links or comments containing sexually explicit content material
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights
- Spam, link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual
Those who violate any of these rules and repeatedly post inappropriate comments may have their permission to post comments restricted on Chamber social media profiles.
The Chamber cannot guarantee the security of information you share on social media sites. By commenting, you waive any rights you may have to material, images or comments you post on City of Salem social media sites. You grant the City of Salem perpetual, non-exclusive, license to use, copy, transmit, excerpt, publish, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, modify and adapt in any form or media now known or hereinafter developed, any submission posted by you on this site.
This policy applies to member businesses who possess benefit to post content on the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce Facebook page.
Please see Chamber-run Facebook groups such as Greeters and Chamber Business Women for group-specific policies.